Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Views

We are still working on the apartment but thought we would post some pictures of the beautiful area we live in. We are in Long Island City, right across the East River from Manhattan. We have great views and feel so lucky to be here!

This is our apartment building. The photo was taken from the pier across the street. If you know me, know that I love the water so I am very excited to have water close by. I love to walk out on the pier at sunset holding my honey's hand. Its actually really quiet and beautiful, so romantic. Have we mentioned that we love it here? :)

We took this photo from the pier.

This is the pool that is on the 9th floor and its view overlooking the river and Manhattan skyline. Unfortunately it has closed down for the winter so I had to borrow these 2 photos from the apartment website.

This is our church, it looks pretty small but it goes like 2 levels under ground.
We had to go in a tunnel to Sunday School. Our ward is incredible. You wouldn't believe how many Aggies are in it! We were having a hard time thinking about going from our married student ward to a family ward but were so greatful that the majority are young couples! We are so greatful for the many blessings that we have received during this transition period and couldn't be more excited for the opportunities that lay ahead of us.

3 thoughts:

Diane said...

Love the pics. You should be a photographer. I love the white columns in front of your church. It reminds me of Wash DC. I love hearing about your grand adventures.

April said...

How awesome! I am glad you guys are having fun, enjoy the great experience! I heard they moved the twilight movie release up, but we should still all go together if you come for the banquet!

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

your view is beautiful! I am so glad you are liking it. How is school? Let's talk soon miss you guys love ya