Our good friends Devin & Shalise came to play in the city for a few days. Even though I had to work we were able to meet up at night and had tons of fun. Luckily Tyler didnt have to work so he touristed (I think I just made that word up) around with them.

The first night we toured our neighborhood a little. Walking out on the pier is our favorite thing to when people come to visit. Its not a part of the "normal" NYC vacation so we feel like its our little gem of the city.

The next night we met up and dove into Time Square. We had dinner at my favorite diner,
Ellen's Stardust Diner. With the singing waitstaff and killer milkshakes its always a good time.

On Tuesday we met up in Little Italy for dinner at this tiny little restaurant that was so so good! We wanted to get gelato but "
my gelato shop" (to which i am extremely loyal) was not very convient to where we were so when we stopped at Grand Central on our way home to see the beautiful station we got some gelato there. I have to admit that it was good but L'arte Del Gelato is still my favorite.

The last night we went to a Knicks game. It was so much fun! Devin & Shalise were so nice to buy us all tickets and we thought we were getting a deal with $40/ticket but when we picked the tickets up right before the game they were only $10 tickets.
StubHub won on that one. The arena at Madison Square Garden was constructed brilliantly in that there is not a bad seat in the place. We could see the game great and had so much fun (even though the Knicks lost)
Thanks Devin & Shalise for a fun week!!
4 thoughts:
Oh my gosh! You got to see the Nicks play for $10!!!! Are you kidding me??? You need to go every week. Take me next time. :)
Hey how are you!? Just wanted to let you know that my parents were just called to be mission pres. in New York so we will probably be out visiting as much as possible! It is upstate New York, so not right in the city but we will have to meet up sometime when we are out visiting!! I'm sure we'll go into the city a lot!
Oh Whit it looks like you guys had a blast! I hope we can come out soon well like June! Miss you guys!
How fun!!! :) I LOVE Stardust Diner and L'Arte Del Gelato... memories! Miss you!
Post a Comment