Saturday, December 20, 2008

A New York Christmas...just the beginning

Tyler got home from working in Las Vegas today! He helped me wrap all of our Christmas presents (something I had on my list to do before he got back) I love having the house decorated for Christmas, there is nothing better than a room light by Christmas lights.

I love seeing the random scenes of "normalcy" in NYC. This snowman was built in between parked cars on the side of the street. I guess you squeeze it in where you can. Our first snow storm was on Friday and it was amazing. The flakes were so big and it fell so slowly. I don't know if it was windy or if it was the height at which I watched the snow fall but the flakes weren't just falling down they were dancing every which way. It was beautiful and once again reminded me how lucky we are to be living here and experiencing all that this amazing city has to offer.

3 thoughts:

Diane said...

Whitney,
Your tree is so beautiful! The city in the background makes it look all the more magical. I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe we can make a snowman!! Four more days. :)

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

whit how pretty is your tree and I love the view! Still can't get over it. I miss you guys a ton. I just want you to know I am so grateful for you both and thanks for always being there for us Love ya and Merry Christmas.

Brittney said...

How funny that snowman! Sounds like you are having so much fun, and New York for the Holidays sounds amazing! I bet your place looked great all decked out, I loved your tree last year and I bet it was even better this year!