You know work and life become too intermingled when you chat through instant messenger with a vendor and report in staff meeting that you are now friends with a client on facebook.
So has been the story of my life for the last month. I have been working like crazy. We were approached by a couple from Paris 4 weeks ago. They just bought a two bedroom apartment in the Manhattan House and want to spend the holidays in NYC in their new apartment. They hired Drake Design to design, order and install their space in 4 weeks. IMPOSSIBLE! ..or is it.
Another designer named Darrin and I were given this project and we have been working like mad men (women?) ever since. We designed the space and sent our presentation to the clients through email because they were still in Paris. That same day Darrin went to Florida to install another project. The next morning we got the response that the clients didnt like anything we proposed. So I get a call from Jamie (who is conviently out of town as well) saying that I need to re-design the whole scheme and propose it to them asap. So I spent the next 48 hours making selections, emailing them to Jamie for approval and then on to the clients. It was crazy doing it all by myself. Fortunately they approved the second scheme and I proceeded with placing orders (begging and dropping Jamie's good name to get this stuff in weeks when regularly it would take months) Long story short (long story long) we have given them a furnished apartment including a custom sectional sofa in just 4 weeks! The clients landed today at 3:45 and I didnt leave the apartment until 4:30. (yes i worked an 8 hour day on a Saturday) Thanks to NYC traffic I was out before they came. whew
It was crazy and stressful and I'm exhausted but it is also so rewarding to basically have my own project and to see it though the whole process down to placing the roses on the table.
I love my job and am so grateful for the opportunity that we have to be out here experiencing all that we are.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Workaholic
(sorry so long and lame pics, but I had to please the mother by posting something)
Posted by Ty and Whit at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 thoughts:
Post a Comment