I was on the fence about joining the Facebook craze for about a year until we moved to NYC and I decided I should join to stay in touch with family and friends. Who knew it would bring to pass miracles in my life!?
Miracle 1:
It started in 2004 (a LONG time ago) ... I would get a phone call probably once a month or so asking to speak with Stacie (name has been changed). I would (over and over) tell them they had the wrong number. Over the years the phone calls continued always asking for the same Stacie. Through these "wrong number" calls I always knew what was going on in Stacie's life. I assumed she was getting married when I got calls from photographers galore asking about shooting the wedding and wishing her and David (name has been changed) luck. After the wedding I assumed they were looking for a house and I got calls from a million different mortgage companies. Not long after that, calls started coming in from shipping companies, apparently she was trying to ship a vehicle to Missouri for some reason. Anyway those are just a few of the specifics that I learned about Stacie's life over the last 5 years! But the last few months it has been at least 1-3 calls A DAY! It was so annoying. I came to the conclusion that she must have a phone number close to mine so she changes one digit and uses mine as a fake. Finally one of the shipping companies left a message for her using her full name and it dawned on me...LOOK HER UP ON FACEBOOK! There were a couple of matches in the Ogden area (of course I knew where she was from) so I sent the most awkward and random message that I have ever written. I mean what do you write to someone that you know everything about but they don't even know you exist and ask them to stop giving out your number?! She responded very kindly and said that she was so sorry, she never really realized that might be a real phone number. And that was it! No more phone calls. MIRACLE!!
Miracle 2:
(this one is not as long of a story)
A couple weeks ago I got a message on Facebook from someone that I didn't know. He said that he had found my drivers licence on the sidewalk near his building. I didn't even realize I had lost it! I wrote back thanks so much and asked him to leave it with his doorman. I picked it up the next day and that was it! Easy Peasy!
What an awesome tool Facebook is!! I'm so glad that I have it not only to keep in touch with friends and family but also to find and contact total strangers for whatever situation might arise.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Facebook Miracles
Posted by Ty and Whit at 4:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 thoughts:
Let me add another miracle - my first trainee in the mission field was also my last and then she was my maid of honor and I was her matron of honor. She contacted Paige about 6 months ago (via FB) looking for me. That's when Paige decided I could have a FB. Then - her son and Paul were in the MTC at the same time AND they took a picture together - 27 years after their mothers were companions! CRAZY
wow, that is crazy! what a cool connection.
Post a Comment