Sunday, September 12, 2010

US Open 2010

Remember last Labor Day when we vowed to purchase US Open tickets in ADVANCE? We did it!! And what an incredible experience!

We got there early to enjoy the surrounding park. The Unisphere is the unofficial symbol of Queens so we had to get pics to show our Queens pride!

Our nosebleed seats did provide for some sweet views!
This being our first US Open, we didn't know when you purchase tickets for the night session it means you get to see 2 matches. BONUS!!
The first match was Vera Zvonareva vs. Andrea Petkovic. The first set was pretty much the 'Zvonareva show' but Petkovic brought her game in the second set, not enough though and Zvonareva won in 2.

Then the men's match between Roger Federer and Jurgen Melzer. We were so excited to watch Federer live. He didn't disappoint, that man is insane!

On the jumbotron, they kept showing the various celebs that were there. I have not had a close-up-unplanned-in-their-element celeb sighting (Broadway, parades, etc. didn't count for me) so I convinced Tyler to go hunt some down with me. We went to the court level but immediately were told to sit down! So we grabbed 2 empty seats and enjoyed Federer's final set. Up close and personal! The game was much more intense being that close and we loved it!

I have to give Ty props, he's the one that spotted Gwen and her beau. We were SO close and I was SO excited!!

Then I spotted her in a nearby suite...Cameron Diaz! One of my most fav celebs of all time. This is the moment that my camera died! Ahh So these pics are the best my iPhone could do. She is so beautiful!!

What an ending to our incredible night. We had such a great time and made amazing memories. I think Labor Day might be my favorite holiday now

6 thoughts:

mb said...

I can't believe we were there on the same night and didn't even realize it!! Such fun!!

Aimee said...

I am super jealous you went to the US Open. This is one thing on my bucket list ;) You are living the best life right now. I love reading all about your adventures!

Diane said...

So So Jealous!

Shay said...

I am SO JEALOUS!! I love tennis & I can't believe you got to see Federer LIVE in action. You two are so stinkin lucky

Unknown said...

How fun!! I love Cameron!! she is def. one of my favs to! The us open looks like so much fun! I totally envy you!haha!

Jord&Kira Lynch said...

Ahh so jelous! Wish we could have gone with you. Good thing u didnt come home early:)