Maddox and I were lucky enough to spend last week in New York City. We've conquered the city together before, but we thought we'd try it this time in another season! The weather simply couldn't have been better. Clear skies and 70s.
Maddox and his first taxi ride! He is such a great traveler. He embraces new experiences and I love that!
Our friends were nice enough to let us stay with them. Madds LOVED these girls and they loved him too. It was good practice for when they become big sisters in just a couple weeks!
Neither Kristy or I had been to the new 9|11 Memorial so we thought we'd check it out before her midwife appt that was nearby. The place is so stunning. The vastness of the memorial in such a crowded party of the city made it even more breathtaking. The spirit that was there was beautiful. The design of everything from the footprint reflecting pools to the new museum to the landscape. Everything was so thought out and executed perfectly.
While we were pondering and appreciating the memorial I leisurely rested my hand on the surrounding of one of the pools. (Why did I think I could touch it?!) And my darn bracelet slipped into a "B" of Albert Balewa Blackman, Jr.'s inscribed name. We tried so hard to get it out, Kristy swears if she had her crochet gear she would have been able to get it free but my brute strength was the only thing that worked. I was able to break one of the links to free my bracelet but part of it still remains. As horrible as I felt for defacing this sacred memorial, it will be fun to see if it's still there next time we visit.
One night I was able to tuck Maddox in and escape off to visit with a friend. It was so fun to enjoy my old hood and the incredible views it delivers but it was soo great catching up with Morgan. I miss her!
One day Maddox and I went to the office and visited with all my co-workers. How I love them so! Then a couple of us went to lunch.
Can you guess who Maddox deemed his favorite? This child doesn't even give me this much love people! Darrin and I had planned to spend the afternoon at a showhouse that DDA designed a room in. I was especially excited to see it because I had been working on all the graphic stuff weeks prior. BUT we arrived and were informed there were no kids allowed. I mean obviously you don't want to mix kids with luxury goods but he had just fallen asleep and wouldn't have made his presence known one bit! I was so disappointed!!
We came up with another plan and I got over it pretty quick because how down can you be when you're spending the afternoon in Central Park? Miss Linda Lavin herself brought her dog over to say hi to Maddox and we dialoged for a good 10 minutes!
So then the much awaited day arrived! A baby shower for my bestie! It was at Alice's Tea Cup, in a private room, with 25 of her nearest and dearest. The place settings were fancy, the scones and cream were fancy the sandwiches were fancy and to keep with the fancy theme I chose chocolate milk for my teacup :) It was a really great party and I felt so lucky to be there.
I'm telling you, this kid is the best travel buddy. He naps on the go, smiles at the strangers and lets me shop shop shop. We had a great time together. Something about taking trips alone together bonds us so much closer. I love this little guy and it was so fun to see all my NY friends love on him too. Until next time New York...









2 thoughts:
LOVE all those pix...and the pix from October-Lollz and I look different!
What a good little man! And wow!! Such amazing pictures. Love your new hair cut too by the way. ;)
Post a Comment